- Mix 100 grams of dry sake, 100 grams of mirin, 400 grams of cold water and 930 grams of soy sauce in a prep bowl.
- Cut whole garlic into half.
- Add green parts of scallion, one sheet of kombu (about two by two inch), 3 slices of ginger and one whole garlic into the prep bowl of liquid ingredients.
- Let all the ingredients steep for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- Transfer all the ingredients from the prep bowl into a sauce pan and bring it to boil. Add 126 grams of sea salt and 33 grams of granulated water and stir to dissolve.
- Strain all the vegetable solids and reserve the tare for the broth and marinated the eggs.
Some equipment to add to your shopping list ...
See our other ramen recipes here