Hand-cut Ramen noodles Recipe
- Pour alkaline water then salt into water. Whisk to mix.
- Using a chopstick to stir the flour, gradually add the water mixture and stir frequently to mix the flour.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin. Try to maintain the sheet as a rectangle or square.
- When the sheet becomes thin, start sprinkling potato starch to prevent it from sticking.
- Fold the rolling pin and roll to thin out the dough sheets further for a few times to make sure the sheet is thin enough.
- Fold the dough into 4-5 inches wide accordion. Dust with potato flour liberally.
- Put the dough into a cutting board.
- Using a noodle knife and noodle cutting board, cut the sheet into thin noodles.
- Immediately put the noodles into a noodle strainer and then into a pot of boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Immediately strain the noodles and shake vertically to get rid of any excess water.
- Place the noodles in a ramen bowl. Top with your desired toppings, then pour hot boiling broth into the bowl.
Some equipment to add to your shopping list ...
See our other ramen recipes here